All Things Shredded Zucchini - The Gingered Whisk

Friday, July 29, 2016

All Things Shredded Zucchini

If you are following along on my neediness on Instagram, you might have read the other day how I pretty much cried in the garden last week when I discovered that vine-borer larvae completely decimated all three of my zucchini plants practically overnight. I went from plants that were producing so many zucchini I couldn't keep up to 3 completely dead plants. I almost cried as I pulled them out.

Luckily, though, because the plants were crazy in their zucchini production before this, I was able to freeze and shred a LOT of zucchini for future use! I now have a freezer full of frozen shredded zucchini to use all winter long.

How to Freeze Zucchini

Wash the zucchini and trim off the ends.
Shred the zucchini.
Squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can.
Package the shredded zucchini in 1 cup portions into freezer quart sized bags, removing as much of the air as you can.
Label them with a permanent marker and store flat in the freezer!

Recipes For Frozen Zucchini

Cheesy Zucchini Bake by Simply Stacy


Thai Zucchini Meatballs  by The Gingered Whisk

Quinoa Zucchini Bites with Yoghurt Dip by Kiddielicious Kitchen

Zucchini Cheddar Whole Wheat Waffles by Family Food on the Table



Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins  by The Gingered Whisk 
Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies  by The Gingered Whisk



Banana Zucchini Cake with Browned Butter Frosting by Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats
Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream

Looking for yet MORE ways to use up that zucchini?


SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. very sorry to hear about your plants... amazing that such damage could happen overnight! I would have cried too...

    great collection of recipes,, though... bookmarking right away!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration