Top 13 Zucchini Recipes You Need to Try - The Gingered Whisk

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes You Need to Try

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)


Oh, don't look at me like that. I know its September and all you want is PUMPKIN, with maybe a few apple recipes here and there, but I know for a fact that you still have zucchini in your garden! I've been truly meaning to post this fantastic zucchini recipe round-up for a while now, but honestly I keep finding new ways to eat zucchini! But I figured I had better just go ahead and share it with you before you are too entrenched in pumpkin season to care!

Here are my absolute favorite recipes I've made:


Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Zucchini, Ham and Ricotta Fritters -

Back when Ladybug was two, these fritters were seriously all she would eat for like two weeks straight. And not that I blamed her, because they are amazing! Hot, cold, room temperature, you can eat these things all day long. And you will, because the combination of zucchini, ham, and ricotta turns these fritters addictive!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Skewers of Rosemary Chicken and Zucchini

Without fail, one of the first zucchini recipes I make of the summer is this one! This dinner is not only easy and healthy, but super delicious! I love the combination of rosemary, lemon, and garlic!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies

These are terrible. And by terrible I mean they are fantastic and you will eat them all. Whole wheat flour, no refined sugar, and olive oil don't sound like they belong in a good brownie recipe, but trust me. These brownies are fudgy and delicious! Plus, they totally count as a veggie!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Garlic Roasted Zucchini

Probably one of my all time favorite recipes, both for me and readers alike! And it's not hard to know why, these are healthy, easy to make, and so delicious!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Zucchini Chicken Parmesan

This fabulous over the top dish takes zucchini to the next level! Take regular chicken parmesan and top it with fresh tomato slices and fried zucchini. And don't forget the cheese... Really. Its definitely worth your "cheat meal"!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Thai Turkey Zucchini Meatballs -

Clean eating never looked so good. Meatballs stuffed with shredded zucchini and a coconut red curry sauce. This sauce is pretty much amazing. Serve this with rice to sop up all the extra sauce!

Top 13 Zucchini Recipes (The Gingered Whisk)

Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting -

Hands down, this is the best cake I have ever made. And ever eaten. Its moist, and dense, and delicious. It is studded with shredded zucchini and juicy fresh blueberries. And its smothered in creamy, lemony buttercream frosting. It will be hard, but please share this cake with others! (It also freezes well!)


I also wanted to share some other amazing recipes I've found that I think sound absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to try them!


This Flourless Zucchini Bread by Make the Best of Everything sounds so good! I love the list of ingredients (you'll have to check it out to see!) Its a healthy treat!


Healthier Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins from Iowa Girl Eats. Muffins are my thing, guys. I have GOT to try these this fall! Zucchini with twice the chocolate? Yeah, count me in!


Italian Zucchini Pie by Simplify, Live, Love. This looks like a cross between a pie, a quite, and a gratin. But whatever it is, it looks delicious!


Pizza Zucchini Boats by In the Kitchen with Jenny. Don't these look awesome?! Pizza stuffed zucchini boats!


Banana Zucchini Cake with Browned Butter Frosting by Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats. I love the combination of banana and zucchini here. And top it with browned buttered frosting? Yeah!


Pumpkin Zucchini Scones by Been There Baked That. These sound like the perfect snack for September. The last of the summer zucchini meets the first of the fall's pumpkin.


Have you tried any great zucchini recipes lately?

2 comments:

  1. Great timing on the post! I just got my first zucchini of the season from the Farmers Market last night. I was just going to bake them in the oven with a little parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, but now I'm thinking I should try one of these recipes (and that I should probably get more zucchini).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so weary of zucchini in cakes. lol. I think I need to buy it and sample it before I decide to make something from it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration