Grilled Turkey Apple Sandwich - The Gingered Whisk

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Grilled Turkey Apple Sandwich



Grilled Turkey and Apple Sandwich (The Gingered Whisk)


I don't know if its all the extra time we have been spending outside, or if we really are busier than normal, but man - I am worn out. I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning, I need more coffee to get going, and by the time I can finally crawl into bed I am completely wiped out. I have been all about simple and quick food lately, but I still want things that taste good. My daughters might think its ok to eat a PB&J for 3 meals a day for the rest of their lives, but if I have to eat one more of them I might lose it. I've never been much of a sandwich eater, but I have been loving this one lately! 

Grilled Turkey and Apple Sandwich (The Gingered Whisk)

This sandwich makes a great lunch or quick dinner. It's not quite your typical grilled cheese sandwich. In fact, don't think of it as a grilled cheese at all. Think of it more as a panini, without the fancy grill press. A slather of mango chutney adds an unexpected tangy note, and pairs perfectly with the tart apple and freshly chopped parsley. Its a flavor combo you won't tire of soon!


Grilled Turkey, Apple and Cheddar Sandwich Recipe

Grilled Turkey and Apple Sandwich (The Gingered Whisk)
by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: skillet lunch sandwich apple turkey
Ingredients (4 servings)
  • 8 slices multigrain bread
  • 8 tsp mango chutney
  • 4 (1 ounce) slices sharp cheddar cheese
  • 4 ounces sliced lower sodium deli turkey
  • 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh flat leave parsley
Instructions
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
Spread each of the 4 bread slices with 2 tsp chutney.
Top evenly with cheese, turkey, and apple slices.
Sprinkle parsley over the apples and top with remaining bread slices.
Coat sandwiches with cooking spray (or butter).
Add sandwiches to own and cook 3 minutes, or until browned.
Turn the sandwiches over and cook an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration