Cinnamon Roll Spice Mix - The Gingered Whisk

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Spice Mix



It happened as a happy accident over a year ago. I was making homemade cinnamon rolls, and I ran out of cinnamon. I rapidly just threw random spices into the mix and went with it. And I discovered that I loved it. So when I saw that this month's Daring Cook's Challenge was to make your own spice blend, I knew that it was finally time I shared this little secret with you. For the month of April, Sawsan from Chef in disguise challenged us to spice things up by making our own spice blends from scratch




Since then I have refined the amounts, and played with it until its just right. I find that this adds just a little something special to your cinnamon rolls. Its like cinnamon rolls have always been missing this but no one ever knew. Think of it as a perfect mix between apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice and chai spice.


And its not just for cinnamon rolls, either. You can use this 1:1 to replace plain cinnamon in any recipe. Try it in muffins, pies, or even on some cinnamon-sugar toast! 





Cinnamon Roll Spice Mix

by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Keywords: cinnamon
Ingredients (1 jar)
  • 6 TBSP cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom
Instructions
Mix spices together in a lidded glass jar.
Keep in a cool, dark place (like your spice cabinet) and use in place of cinnamon in cinnamon rolls, muffins, pies, or any other recipe.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious - a very tasty spice mix to have in the cupboard - I imagine it would be delicious in fruit crumbles, fruitcakes and a whole lot of other sweet treats :o) Great job on the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration