40+ Cookie and Bar Recipes for your Holiday Cookie Platter - The Gingered Whisk

Thursday, December 4, 2014

40+ Cookie and Bar Recipes for your Holiday Cookie Platter

I don't know about you, but every year I put a lot of thought and preparation into my holiday baking. I always have some traditional cookies my family makes every year, but I always like to try new ones, too. I think its important to have a nice variety of cookies on your platter, to showcase different flavors and textures

40 Cookie and Bar Recipes for the holidays


I seem to have quite an affinity for cookies and bars (and really, who doesn't?!) because I have collected over 40 recipes to share with you! I hope you find some great inspiration here! Happy Baking! :)

AND because I love you guys so very much, I have created a FREE Printable Holiday Baking Guide to help you plan out your baking this season!





Over 40 Christmas Cookies and Bars - The Gingered Whisk


25 Amazing Cookie Recipes:


Armenian Nazook Cookies
Citrus Butter Cookies
Cherry Almond Sourdough Biscotti

Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies
Cowboy Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Cranberry Orange Thyme Shortbread Cookies








Iced Lemon Lavender Tea Cookies


Maple Pecan Thumbprints
Monster Cookies
Nestle Florentine Cookies
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
Perfect Sugar Cookies
Sea Salt and Thyme Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies
Soft Gingersnaps with White Chocolate Chips
Soft Sourdough Cookies
Sourdough Kolaches with Spiced Pumpkin Butter
Sourdough Peanut Butter Kisses
Sourdough Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Spice Cookies
Toasted Coconut Shortbread Cookie with Pineapple Cream
Twice Baked Brown Butter Shortbread
White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
World Peace Chocolate Cookies






17 Awesome Bar Recipes:

Bars can also have a place on your holiday cookie platter! Bars are great because you can cut them large or into bite size pieces, so no matter how many people you have, you can make sure you have enough. Check out these 17 bars that I think are just delicious!!










Black Bean Brownies (with hidden spinach!)
Butterbeer Blondies
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars







Chocolate Stout and Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
Earl Grey Lemon Bars






Flourless Black Bean Brownies
Kahlua Brownies
Lemon Bars
Naniamo Bars
Old World Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Salted Caramel Swirls
Scotch-a-Roo's
Sourdough Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
Sourdough Mega Chocolate Brownies
Strawberry Jam Bars
Raspberry Bars
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is SUCH a collection! A lot to choose from, for sure!

    I am drooling over the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, and the Red Velvet Swirl Brownies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection for holiday cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Great recipes. Feeling the need to share this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kinds of posts!! Can't wait to check out several of the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many...I like anything w chocolate in it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a baker's dream!!! Thanks for sharing all of these recipes. I'm pinning to reference later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the awesome recipes! I came over from the Manic Mondays Blog Hop. I just started my own blog...anniesaprons.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration