Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins - The Gingered Whisk

Monday, November 24, 2014

Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins

Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins (The Gingered Whisk)

Guys. Its been rough around here. You might have noticed that things were rather quiet for the past two weeks. You might have seen on Facebook that I posted I hurt my arm and was taking some time off to heal. But what actually happened was a crazy combination of weird accident (playing catch with a stuffed dinosaur),  an odd physical abnormality (apparently I was born with my first rib not in the right place?) and the blood clotting abilities of birth control pills that caused me to spend an entire week in the Critical Care Unit of the hospital, having a bunch of clots removed from my right arm and also having a portion of my right first rib being removed because it was compressing the veins and nerves in my right arm. I won't go into a lot of details here, except to say it was a week of very much not fun things. BUT I am so thankful to be home now, and on the way to recovery. I have a sweet new 4" scar on my neck, and I can't lift anything above 10 pounds or drive for 2 weeks. And I'll be on blood thinners and baby aspirin for probably the rest of my life. But I did in fact survive it, and being at home and holding my two girls again is wonderful! Recipes are probably going to be a bit slow coming out, so please continue to be patient with me as I work on things! 




Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins (The Gingered Whisk)

These muffins are a great little treat, and can easily double as breakfast and a dessert. They are soft and moist, with just the perfect amount of chocolatey Nutella swirled on top! (and for future reference, these freeze great, and are perfect gifts to give to new moms, new neighbors, people who just got out of the hospital....just sayin'...)

Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins (The Gingered Whisk)



Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Muffins

by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Keywords: breakfast dessert nutella pumpkin fall
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 TBSP vegetable oil
  • 2 TBSP milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup nutella
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a muffin pan with liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until there are no lumps.
Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
Place the Nutella in a bowl and microwave for about 8 seconds and stir well.
Place 1 tsp of Nutella on the top of each muffin and use a toothpick to swirl it int o the batter.
Bake the muffins for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


*Recipe from The Novice Chef Blog

1 comment:

  1. Jenni, you poor thing! That sounds awful, but I'm glad you're doing better now. Hope you're having a nice relaxing Thanksgiving.

    (I'm also commenting to apologise for not having participated in Sourdough Surprises for so long, but I'm looking forward to sourdough-ing with you guys again as of this month. I love stollen! I tried commenting on the Sourdough blog, but the form wasn't working for me.)

    Anyway, hope you're having a lovely day with your family.

    Suz (formerly of Serenely Full!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration