Grilled Tandoori Chicken - The Gingered Whisk

Monday, May 5, 2014

Grilled Tandoori Chicken



Things have just seemed utterly crazy lately. Between coordinating buying a house we have never been in and quite a few states away (inspections, appraisals, paperwork being faxed back and forth...), a teething baby who still cannot sleep, a sensitive clingy almost 4 year old who just wants her mommy to play with her, and setting up movers, trying to organize/purge/and clean the house, things are super busy. Most nights Joel and I look at each other at 8:30 and say "bed?!" Phew.  The cool thing is that the hospital Joel will be working for is paying for our move, which means other people are coming to my house and packing all my things. It still seems crazy to me, and weird to have other people I don't know touching my things, but at this point I will totally take it. I am having trouble even vacuuming one rug in my house, let alone pack an entire household up.





Hey, do you know how hard it is to take a photo while holding a snotty, droopy, grumpy teething 7 month old who really wants to grab the plate, the chicken, the yogurt, your camera, and your hair all at the same time? Not easy, my friends. Not easy. How can their little hands be in that many places at once? I am actually quite impressed that I got two halfway decent looking photos! Luckily for you, the simplicity and deliciousness of this dish will totally make up for its lackluster appearance because this stuff is amazing. So good. The recipe calls for an all day marinade, and while that is awesome, just a few hours is good and flavorful as well. We loved this recipe, and will be making it a ton this summer (and Ladybug gives it her seal of approval as well - anything she can dip is a gold star!)



Grilled Tandoori Chicken


by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: grill chicken Indian
Ingredients (4 servings)
    marinade:
    • 1 tsp olive oil
    • 2 tsp hungarian sweet paprika
    • 3/4 tsp cumin
    • 3/4 tsp ground coriander
    • 1 tsp garam masala
    • 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
    • 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
    • 1 cup minced onion
    • 1/4 cup minced ginger
    • 4 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    • 1 TBSP lemon juice
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    yogurt dipping sauce:
    • 1 cups plain greek yogurt
    • 1 TBSP lemon juice
    • 1/4 tsp cumin
    • 1/4 tsp coriander
    • 1/8 tsp salt
    Instructions
    In a large ziplock bag, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
    Seal, smooth to mix the marinade and coat the chicken evenly and place in the fridge to marinade at least two hours, or up to 8 hours.
    In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Cover and chill at least 10 minutes.
    Grill chicken 7 minutes per side, or until done.
    Enjoy!
    Powered by Recipage

    (slightly adapted from Cooking Light Gluten Free Cookbook, 2011)


    2 comments:

    1. Beautiful! I don't know how anyone can have a blog when they have children. It's work enough for me and I'm retired! I'm really glad you didn't include red food coloring in your tandoori!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hang in there, dear... this too shall pass....

      I've been through a few moves, four of them intercontinental and I can testify moving is not fun. But, it's always for the better, and things will improve

      one day your kids will be 18 and getting ready to leave home, and all of a sudden all these struggles will have a tone of nice nostalgia to them... easy to say, hard to go through

      Loved the recipe, my kind of chicken, spicy.., tasty

      ReplyDelete

    Leave a Comment!

    blog design by adoration