Snickerdoodle Banana Bread - The Gingered Whisk

Monday, December 23, 2013

Snickerdoodle Banana Bread

AMAZING Snickerdoodle Banana Bread - The Gingered Whisk


Ok, this post is going to be a short one because I am scheduling it in advance. By the time you read this, we will have driven approximately 800 miles across the US with a 3 year old, 3 month old, 2 dogs and a sourdough starter (yes, it gets to go on vacation, too!) to visit family for two weeks. That is if we make it. My car broke down an amazing three times this week, so let's all just pray that we made it, ok? We have tons of toys, books, snacks (including a loaf of this banana bread!), and coffee ready to go for our drive, and I hope we don't have to stop to pee every hour. Or cry the whole way.

Snickerdoodle Banana Bread - The Gingered Whisk


Last year I found two bags of cinnamon chips (which I had heard of but never actually seen before), so I excitedly bought them and then promptly stuck them in my freezer because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. Well, inspiration finally struck and I decided exactly how I wanted to use one! This banana bread is super delicious. I loved the cinnamon chips here, and the cinnamon sugar crunch on top of the bread is just divine. Its especially good when you slather real butter on a piece. Yum!

Snickerdoodle Banana Bread - The Gingered Whisk


Snickerdoodle Banana Bread


by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 10 mintes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: bread breakfast dessert cinnamon
Ingredients (1 loaf)
  • 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup cinnamon chips
  • 3 TBSP cinnamon sugar for topping
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray a bread pan and set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time.
Add in the mashed banana.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream and tarter and salt.
Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Stir in the cinnamon chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with the cinnamon-sugar.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before slicing.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage



 (Oh Sweet Basil)



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh yet another banana bread recipe to try! Sounds so good. Merry Christmas Jenni! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination! Banana bread always reminds me of my grandmother and snickerdoodles were my favorite cookie to bake as a kid. Still love both! Yummed and pinned, too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration