Cardamom Orange Coffee Cake Loaf - A Guest Post - The Gingered Whisk

Friday, October 11, 2013

Cardamom Orange Coffee Cake Loaf - A Guest Post


Another guest post for you guys! This one is from Barbara from Barbara Bakes. I met Barb through the Daring Bakers and Daring Cooks and am always impressed with her amazing talent and her ability to make even the most ridiculous sounding dishes look like its something you can easily pull off. 



Thanks Jenni for inviting me to guest post while you take some time off to enjoy your new sweet little bundle of joy. Hoping you’ll find quiet moments to just enjoy holding your little one.

One of my favorite things to bake is quick breads. I love that you can throw a few things in the mixer, pop it in the oven and before too long enjoy a hot, homemade treat in the morning, or as an afternoon or late night snack.

Quick bread flavors offer endless possibilities, but what’s really nice about the Cardamom Orange Coffee Cake Loaf I recently posted, is the ingredients are available year round. If you haven’t tried cardamom yet, it has a unique, spicy, almost citrusy flavor and pairs really well with citrus in baking. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it.

I like to bake my quick breads in mini loaf pans. A mini loaf only takes 35 minutes to bake, and you can slip one or two loaves in the  freezer to eat later, or better yet, share one or two loaves with a neighbor. Quick breads are also great to ship to friends and family. Since the holidays are right around the corner, it’s a good time to try some new recipes to share with those you love.



Visit me at Barbara Bakes for the Cardamom Orange Coffee Cake Loaf.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to guest post. Your little one is adorable! Give her a kiss for me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration