Limelight Blueberry Muffins - The Gingered Whisk

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Limelight Blueberry Muffins

Lime and blueberry muffins are healthy and delicious

I took my first big shopping trip to Sam's Club the other day - one of those big box/bulk stores, and loved it! The deals! The deals! Everywhere I looked were amazing prices!  

One of the best purchases I made was a giant tub of blueberries for $6! Considering that the tiny little pints are currently $5 at the grocery store, this was a steal! Which meant we had more blueberries than we knew what to do with. 

Towards the end of the week, there was only about a cup left, and they were starting to look a little...straggly... Time to make muffins! These muffins could not be more perfect. The muffin itself is light and fluffy, and the juicy pop of blueberries and tang of the lime is just divine. They are the perfect treat for the middle of the winter. Or the middle of the summer. Or just whenever you feel like a good muffin.


Limelight Blueberry Muffins


by The Gingered Whisk
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: bake bread breakfast blueberry lime
Ingredients (1 dozen muffins)
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • cooking spray
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a small bowl, roll the blueberries in 3/4 cup of flour, so that they are all evenly coated in the flour (this helps them so they don't all sink to the bottom of the muffin).
In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in the yogurt, applesauce, eggs, lime zest and juice, vanilla and eggs until just incorporated.
Gently fold in the blueberries (and any flour remaining in the bowl with them) into the batter.
Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until slightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

5 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds like such a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these look good! The last two muffins recipes I've tried have both been flops so I'll have to try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the name of these muffins. When I first saw it..I thought "I hope there's lime in them because the moniker is amazing', and, of course there is! I'm enamored with these..and with the Greek yogurt and apple sauce, I know they're super moist! Plus..I can almost taste the blueberry and lime (awesome combo).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blueberry muffins so much! I wish I could have them daily..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment!

blog design by adoration